Monday, May 16, 2005

Main Floor - A First Sketch


main_sk_1
Originally uploaded by Rob Harrison.
Now, building on that second pass at the Bubble Diagram, I've drawn a rough plan on grid paper. Each square represents four feet. I'm looking at the connections, and thinking about the quality of the spaces. The living area could have a double-sided fireplace as an option, one facing an inglenook on the inside, and one on a patio outside. I've shown a vague area between the living and away rooms that would be a good place for an entry. I've also shown a possible porch off the dining room. The configuration of the bath and wc rooms is unresolved as yet. The house is also quite long.

My two-year old son Rowan is doing his part here too, marking up my sketch with his suggestions in red. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Wow, I found this blog very informative. Keep it up.
    I have a affordable website design site. It pretty much covers affordable website design related stuff.
    Come and check it out if you get time.. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete